Who we are
The ENVISIONAlliances consortium is composed of nine partners.
- University of Turku– Public university located at Yliopistonmäki, FI-20014 Turku, Finland, EU. Web address: https://www.utu.fi/en
- Acceler8 Ltd. –Privately owned company with registered office at 180, Triq il-Bazilika, Dar il-Hena, MST1019 Mosta, Malta, EU. Web address: https://www.acceler8.today
- AcrossLimits – Privately owned company with registered office at Hilltop Gardens, Triq L-Inkwina, NXR 2641, Naxxar, Malta, EU. Web address: https://www.acrosslimits.com/
- Univerza V Mariboru (University of Maribor)– Public university located at Slomškov trg 15, SI-2000 Maribor, Slovenia, EU. Web address: http://www.um.si
- Technische Universiteit Delft (Delft University of Technology)– Public university located at Stevinweg 1 2628 CN Delft, Netherlands, EU. Web address: tudelft.nl/dce
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences– Public university located at M.H. Tromplaan 30, 7500 KB Enschede, Netherlands, EU. Web address: saxion.edu
- Universidad de Murcia (University of Murcia) – Public university located at Fac. Economía y Empresa. Campus de Espinardo, 30100 Murcia, Spain, EU. Web address: um.es
- Arcinno – Privately owned company with registered office at Pohjantähdentie 2 Z 82, 00740 Helsinki, Finland, EU.
- Aikaterini Zourou & Partners/Web2Learn– Privately owned company with registered office at Vasileos Irakleiou 9, 54625 Thessaloniki, Greece, EU. Web address: https://web2learn.eu/
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect the data you enter (name, surname, organisation or institution and e-mail address) and keep it stored in our email or CRM application, hosted by third parties. This data is used to collaborate with you or provide the services you are requesting.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
“Third party cookies” are cookies that another party places on your device through our site. From time to time, we use third party cookies that allow us to target the website users on other media platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting, certain functions of the site may be unavailable.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website. Media files are not actively collected.
We use third party analytics services to understand how our website is used and from which parts of the world we get visitors. This data we will use to improve the site and target the content better.
Who we share your data with
We are sharing your personal data actively with no one. Third party elements that we have potentially used on our website are selected with data privacy in mind. However, bear in mind, in the end, we have no control of what website visitor data they might or might not collect.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Data submitted via contact forms, or via chat, will be retained the maximum time allowed by the GDPR.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, have left comments, or submitted personal information via contact form / chat, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
The information provided through contact and chat interface is submitted to us by third party providers and eventually stored in email, CRM and possibly in internal company communication tools. All these tools are hosted by third party providers.
How we protect your data
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational controls to help protect your personal data against unauthorised processing, loss, misuse, disclosure and alteration. While we have appropriate and reasonable security procedures in place to safeguard your data, no data collection or storage system can be guaranteed 100% secure.
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making or profiling we do with user data
We do not use automated decision-making. Regarding profiling, we use the tracking tool Google Analytics. For further information about our use of Google Analytics, please refer to the “Analytics” section above.
Additional rights of EEA residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA (European Economic Area), you have the right, among others, to:
(1) Access your personal data
(2) Ensure the accuracy of your personal data
(3) Ask us to delete your personal data
(4) Restrict further processing of your personal data
(5) Complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that your data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal data has infringed data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
The data protection officer and register manager is Marikka Heikkila, reachable at [email protected].
Necessary cookies: Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information. Always enabled
Non-Necessary cookies: Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Enabled ON/OFF